BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 7, 2008

Is Murder A Crime ?

Your probably wondering what is she talking about of course murder is a crime... Well for my government class for homework over this weekend I had to write a one page summary of a bill I would like to propose to congress and it had to be a law we DO NOT already have in place so here it is... Tell me what you think?!?!

Is Murder A Crime?
Dear Congress:
As of the 2008 election which took place on November 04, proposition 4 amending the state constitution to require a physician to notify the parent or legal guardian of a pregnant, unemancipated minor in writing at least 48 hours before performing an abortion was not passed. For me I feel that proposition 4 should have been passed, because as a teenage girl myself, I feel it is a minors responsibility to protect themselves from getting pregnant. As a minor, teenage girls’ should reap the consequences of their actions by having parental notice. Although opponents say the exceptions offered are daunting and difficult and it’s too much to expect a teenager to report parental abuse or seek a judicial waiver. This point of view really stood out to me because for example a minor under 18 years old can not go tanning in a tanning salon, unless a parent or guardian signs a waiver. Tanning salons say minors must get a parental or guardian signature because the ultraviolet rays the beds release are extremely dangerous and can be harmful. This seems extremely strange to me that a minor can have her own baby killed without getting a signed parental or guardian waiver or even a notification, but a minor can not go tanning unless provided with a parental or guardian signature. The irony of these two situations boggles my mind, it is such a twisted mind set. What is our society becoming today? Will murder no longer be recognized as a crime? Please take this all into effect and make the right choice for California. Help keep teenagers safe by ensuring that a family member would know about the teen’s medical situation and be informed of risks to her health and safety.
Sincerely: Samantha Felt

14 comments:

Olivia Antoinette said...

I totally agree with you Sammy!!! Kids can't even miss school without their parents consent.

Sammy said...

Yea I know its pretty crazy!!

Chels:) said...

you go sammy !!!! I agree 100%

CaMeRoN said...

ya sammy!! totally! i agree

Sammy said...

tHANK Yall ya this world is craza Jesus is coming soon folks!!!

Although I do need to make a few edits to this thanks to billzilla..james haha

TRC Rockers said...

Can I add to your list? Teenagers cannot view a rated R movie (& some PG-13), drive, receive medication at school from a nurse, have surgery, smoke, drink, pierce their ears, buy spray paint, leave school premises, be out past 10pm, visit the 18+ section in bad stores, purchase a cd w/ parental advisory, purchase game w/ R rating, puchase a gun, buy a car, enter into a legally binding contract, and purchase adult magazines. Did I miss any?

Sammy said...

O you sure can girl.. You are so right the list just goes on and on of things minors can not do without parental consent and yet they can kill a baby whats up with that?!?! This world is really sad and needs the love of God in their lives lets stand strong against the enemy and spread the word to this world!!!!! Another thing that got my attention from this election was the passing of the Farm Animals Prop, so people want to save the animals and dont care if human babies are saved or not!!! Crazy Crazy I am just glad I know the Lord in these Crazy times!!!! And I am not saying I am totally aganist the Farm Animal Prop but do feel its not that important and seems to be a waste of money.

SF said...

WOO HOO! GO SAMMY! I AGREE WITH EVERY THING YOU SAID GIRL!
LOVE YA TONS

Sammy said...

O Thanks Girl :)
Love Ya Too and cant wait to party with you tom night :)

Love ya your the best ever!!!

Vonney said...

The only way murder is not a crime is when your house plants die.... Because of your neglect...Thank God my husband reminds me to water them.... hehe Happy turkey day!

Sammy said...

haha ur silly yvonne!!!
Happy turkey day to you too :)

London Young said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG HUNNY
OPEACE LOVE N THE HAPPINESS OF A DOVE
XK~LONDON;>

Sammy said...

o girl your so silly ;)
I will when I actually have nothing else more important to do!! So probably over Christmas Break when I can just sit back and chill- ah sounds beautiful :) I'll be done wit high school in jan!!! yaya! {Victory dance}

Anonymous said...

YES SAMMY I AGREE WITH YOU 100% TO GREAT ESSAY!!! LOVE YA


Love Forever,
Lorna